What is it?
The Rotary Positive Peace Academy is a 2-hour online course with 5 modules, quizzes, a Facebook group and post-completion opportunities.
Who is it for?
The Rotary Positive Peace Academy is for anybody who wants to learn about peace and its implications for humanity. It is accessible for anybody.
Where does it happen?
The Rotary Positive Peace Academy course is online and consists of training videos, text and infographics, and a Facebook community.
How does it work?
You watch the videos, complete the reading, use the provided tools, and take quizzes. Once signed up, you get lifetime access.
When does it start?
The Rotary Positive Peace Academy is an online course, it starts the moment you enroll. You can complete it in your own time.
Why does it exist?
We created the Rotary Positive Peace Academy to provide free, world-class peace education to more than 1 million people globally.
Access the Academy anywhere - across mobile, tablet & desktop devices.
Choose your pace
Take the 2 hour course at once or you can learn at your own pace.
Optional certificate purchase to support our mission and further your career.
More about the course
What will I learn?
Created by renowned international think-tank the Institute for Economics & Peace and in collaboration with Rotary International, this free short course introduces the transformational framework Positive Peace.
- Learn the definition of peace and how it is measured
- Understand the conceptual basis of Positive Peace
- Discover its importance in the long term health and resilience of societies
- Find out why high levels of Positive Peace lead to: stronger resilience, better environmental outcomes, higher measures of wellbeing, better performance on development goals, higher per capita income
- Learn from Positive Peace implementation projects from around the world
This course includes:
- 5 modules consisting of 3-5 individual lessons, packed with videos, easy-to-follow visuals and information derived from leading IEP research.
- Lifetime access to the course so you can watch and re-watch whenever you want.
This course is for: researchers, academics, diplomats, teachers, students, but most importantly — anyone, irrespective of background, who is interested in peace or wants to become more involved in the peacebuilding process.