Build a solid understanding of peace & its benefits in this free short course.
Created by internationally renowned think-tank the Institute for Economics & Peace, this free short course introduces the transformational framework — Positive Peace. Rethink peace with the Institute's data driven approach and discover how Positive Peace is associated with better performance on ecological sustainability, improved wellbeing, stronger GDP growth rates and better business outcomes.
What is it?
The IEP Peace Academy is a 2-hour online course with 5 modules, quizzes, a Facebook group and post-completion opportunities.
Who is it for?
The Academy is for anybody who wants to learn about peace and its implications for humanity. It is accessible for anybody.
Where does it happen?
The IEP Peace Academy course is online and consists of training videos, text and infographics, and a Facebook community.
How does it work?
You watch the videos, complete the reading, use the provided tools, and take quizzes. Once signed up, you get lifetime access.
When does it start?
The IEP Academy is an online course, it starts the moment you enroll. You can complete it in your own time.
Why does it exist?
We created the IEP Peace Academy to provide free, world-class peace education to more than 1 million people globally.
Access the Academy anywhere - across mobile, tablet & desktop devices.
Choose your pace
Take the 2 hour course at once or you can learn at your own pace.
Optional certificate purchase to support our mission and further your career.
More about the course
What will I learn?
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of peace and its implications for humanity.
- Navigate the complex landscape of peace and conflict studies with an understanding of systems theory and positive and negative peace.
- Make decisions informed by leading IEP research on economics, conflict and peace.
- Understand how ecological threats and COVID-19 may impact levels of global peacefulness.
- Acquire the knowledge necessary to take the first steps in becoming an effective peacebuilder in your community and country — equipped with a plethora of links to IEP research and further peacebuilding opportunities.
This course includes:
- 5 modules consisting of 3-5 individual lessons, packed with videos, easy-to-follow visuals and information derived from leading IEP research.
- Lifetime access to the course so you can watch and re-watch whenever you want.
- This course is for: researchers, academics, diplomats, teachers, students, but most importantly — anyone, irrespective of background, who is interested in peace or wants to become more involved in the peacebuilding process.
- The unique opportunity to purchase an IEP certificate of attainment on completion of the course. This micro-qualification testifies to your expanded understanding of IEP research, and demonstrates your commitment to the pursuit of peace to prospective employers and fellow peacebuilders.